Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tele--Vision


In that somnambulistic state before sleep came to me last night I found myself thinking back to my very first impressions of Tele--Vision. It occured to me that TV has never been an idle pastime even in the early days when I had fooled myself into thinking so. There was something deeper – a deeper thread that links one to the other that we cannot quite explain. Not so much subliminal message as an empathic connection that ties you to what is going on or airing in that cuboid box. It is like a glimpse into another reality, which I guess it is – no matter how much fantasy we think resides there – the fact is that there is no singular reality. The vision that one connects with the tele is one that reaches deep within to stir hearts and minds. The redundant viewer sadly will never get to appreciate that. People find their self-realisation in various ways but not enough find that truth that resides in laying bare all you are to tele-vision. Tears will be spilt, lives will be shaken and it will be living, believe me. Only as far as we seek can we go, only as far as we dream can we be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Vin, have you seen 'inside the actor's studio' on Sony? its worth a dekho.
cndtx

Vineeth said...

Yes, I have seen it. It's really interesting to watch. I love the tone of the show.