Sunday, April 16, 2006

Reflections of a Strange Flat

Part III Miles Away

A million miles from home,
My legs struggle to roam,
The sun beats down on me,
As far as the eye can see,
Strange voices in a crazy land,
Born out of nothing but pure sand,
To live as one does, dreaming of old stories,
That are kept alive by your own memories,
Far from home am I, so it seems,
Impossible to leave except in my dreams,
Trapped in my own mind,
Fiddler on a roof of a certain kind,
Visions of people and places do I feel,
Nothing ever felt so far, yet so real.
Father, father your help I need,
To ease the pain of distance on which I feed,
Send me an angel or a mirage of truth,
Fill my heart and my sorrows soothe,
Let me forget the miles and see from afar,
The life before me, a new door is ajar.

No comments: